ij.start canon is the manufacturer site to download Canon printer drivers. Install and set up Canon Printer from ij.start.canon and obtain high-quality printing documents straightforwardly. If you want to avoid the troubles during the canon ij printer setup installation, follow the instructions shown below.
Go with the below steps for quick Canon ij setup –
- Go to ij start canon using web address.
- Enter IJ printer model name.
- Download appropriate canon printer drivers.
- Double-click to install the software [EXE or PKG].
- Follow on-screen instructions to set up Canon printer.
Through the guidelines in this article, we will explain the process to setup a Canon printer via www.canon.com/ijsetup be it wired or wirelessly on your Windows and Mac operating systems. In order to setup the printer, it is very much important to understand that you will have to install the latest printer drivers on your computer. It is also very crucial to know the printer model number so that you can easily find the latest IJ.START.CANON setup drivers. You just need to have a router or the modem at the home and access the points that should also work properly. It is equally important that you have a device with a proper internet connection in order to make the setup complete via http://canon.com/ijsetup.
Download and Install Canon Printer Driver
Just follow these steps to download and install the Canon Printer drivers via canon.com/ijsetup:-
- Go to the Canon support page via http://canon.com/ijsetup. Enter the canon model name and number.
- When the model appears on the box tap on it.
- Choose the “Drivers and Downloads” option besides the model.
- Select the “Drivers, Software or Firmware” tab depending on what you wish to download.
- Tap on the “Select” button on the right side of the driver and once you have chosen the option you have to tap on the “Close” option.
- From the list of the software and drivers, you have to select the software and tap on the “Download” button.
- Just save the file to the computer.
To install the Canon Printer Drive via canon.com/ijsetup, you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- Insert the Printer driver software CD ROM into the drive.
- Double-tap on the “My Computer” icon.
- After this, double-tap on the [PCL] or [UFRI] file.
- Now, double-tap on the setup.exe icon to start the installation process.
- In the first dialog box for the Printer Driver setup wizard tap on the “Next” button.
- Go through the license agreement carefully a tap on “Yes” after you complete it.
- Just select the manually set port to install and tap on the “Next” option
Canon IJ Setup On Mac
Here in this section, you will get to learn the steps to setup Canon printer for Mac via canon.com/ijsetup:
- Turn on the printer, Max, and the wifi router.
- Go to the website canon.com/ijsetup mac and download the driver.
- Just finish the setup process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the ‘Apple” menu on the Mac and choose the ‘System and Preferences”.
- After this go to the “Printer and scanner” option.
- Go on the prompt screen and tap on the “+” sign and select the canon printer from the list of the printers.
- Tap on the “Add” button.
- Congratulations! You have successfully completed the setup process on Mac.
Canon Printer Setup On Windows 10 via canon.com/ijsetup
For setting up canon printer on Windows 10 via canon.com/ijsetup, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, turn on the canon printer power button.
- Go to the settings option on the printer screen.
- And select the arrow button to select the “Device settings” option and tap on the “Ok” button.
- Select the “LAN settings” option and tap on the “OK” button.
- Press down the arrow button again and select the “Wireless LAN setup” and tap on the “OK”.
- The canon printer will search for the wireless network and the flash lamp will blink.
- Select the Wi-Fi from the list available on the networks as shown on the printer screen.
- On the next screen, you have to enter the WPA/WEP key and tap on the “OK” option.
- Again tap on the “OK” option to finish the wireless setup.
- Go to the website canon.com/ijsetup to download the printer driver and complete the installation process.
- Visit the “Control Panel” and tap on the “Device and Printer” and then click on the “Add Printer” option.
- In the final step, the canon printer has been successfully established on the Windows PC.
Canon Network Device Setup Utility
If you wish to install the Canon Network Device then you have to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you have to download the file.
- Just check the computer settings, from the location you have saved the file.
- Double-tap on the downloaded file to decompress it.
- After this, the installation will start automatically.
Essentials to understand the Canon Printer Setup:
- Canon Pixma Setup: Download drivers, software, firmware along with manuals for the Canon Pixma setup and also get the online technical support resources and the steps to troubleshoot.
- Canon Maxify Setup: Just make sure the printer is on, tap on the “Home” button. Tap on the WLAN setup option and the printer will search for compatible access points.
- Canon Laser Setup: The canon laser printer offers 1200×600 dpi to deliver clear and crisp monochrome prints while performing the printing actions.
- Canon Selphy Setup: Tap on the Power button, go to the printer’s control panel, and tap on the Wifi settings icon. Tap on the “Ok” button and follow the on-screen instructions
Connect and Establish a WiFi Connection for Ij Start Canon
Before you step ahead to Canon printer set up, you need to establish a wireless connection for your printer, so follow any of the below using:
Wireless LAN Setup:
- Turn on your Canon printer to start the wireless LAN setup.
- Then simply press the menu button and see Network settings where you need to tap on Wireless LAN settings and select the SSID Settings option.
If your canon printer won’t connect to wifi , Just make sure the printer is turned on and then check the device that you are printing from should be connected to the same wireless network as the printer. Remember, the wireless router may have lost the connection with the printer. It is important to understand that you can usually resolve this issue by restarting the power on both the router and the printer.
- Select Access Point and choose the favored network name.
- Next, enter the WiFi security key and wait for the connected prompt.
- Now download canon ij setup from canon.com ijsetup and install on your pc.
WPS Push Button:
Set up a successful network connection for the Canon ij printer, press the WiFi button on your printer, and go to the access point once the orange alarm light becomes steady. Within two minutes, push the WPS button on your wireless router. If you can see Connected Status, press OK to confirm.