Capture Screenshots in Firefox without an Extension is the best way to make notes. Mozilla has published Firefox, an open-source web browser. It is a popular, accessible, and extremely expandable internet browser. It has inbuilt utilities and tools to capture a screenshot just with a few key combinations.
You can also configure your shortcut keys and save them to Capture Screenshots in Firefox without an Extension. You can capture screenshots of selected parts of the web pages, entire web pages, or both by using a simple keyboard combination or configuring your own keys. Alternatively, you can use Windows inbuilt feature to take screenshots or make use of the best screen capture tool for Windows.
How to Enable the Screenshot Feature in Firefox?
To capture a screenshot in Firefox, you must first enable the feature. Here are the following steps to make it happen:
The ‘Firefox Screenshot’ is a built-in feature of Mozilla. It’s easy to access and can be used to take instant screenshots.
Step 1. Open Firefox and go to the page you wish to take a screenshot of.
Step 2. Select the three dots on the top right in the address bar.
Step 3. From the drop-down menu, choose the ‘Take a Screenshot’ option.
Step 4. Firefox will enter into screenshot mode, allowing you to capture the current website in four distinct ways.
- Complete web page
- Visible part of the web page
- An automatically identified section of the page
- A chosen region
What Kind of Screenshots Can You Take?
- Screenshots for Entire Web Pages: It will capture the entire web page with its contents and images and save it in your default Downloads folder.
- Screenshot of a Selected Portion: You can also take a screenshot of the web page’s selected portion. You can choose a part of any web page on the browser by using your mouse to drag over that part of the webpage.
- Screenshot of An Image on a Webpage: You can capture an image using the Screen keyboard combination and drag the mouse over it. But, in that case, you will be able to select only the picture and not its text.
- Screenshot of the Visible Part of a Webpage: You will be able to capture the part of the web page visible on display. You can use your mouse to drag over this area.
Firefox Full Page Screenshot with Print Screen Key
The Print Screen (Prt Sc) key is available on all laptops and desktops. This is one of the simplest ways to take screenshots on Windows. All you need to do is open the web page on the Firefox browser. Scroll it to the position that you wish to capture. Press the Prt Sc key to capture it to the clipboard and paste it into MS Paint, Word document, or your picture editor. You can edit or save the captured picture.
There are a few combinations of the Prt Sc key that you can try for specific purposes.
- Just the Prt Sc key will take a screenshot of the entire screen.
- Win + Prt Sc key will take a screenshot and save it to your Pictures à Screenshot folder.
- Alt + Prt Sc key will take the screenshot of the active window.
Windows Snipping Tool
The Snipping Tool on Windows is one of the great options to capture screenshots in Firefox. You can do a full-page screen capture on Firefox or drag just the selected portion. Windows Snipping Tool is easily accessible and comes with different snipping options like a drag to snip, capture full screen, free-form snip, window snip, or rectangle snip.
Step 1. Open the Firefox browser and access the page you wish to capture.
Step 2. Press the Window key and type Snip in the search bar. Click on the Snipping Tool app to access the tool with all options.
Step 3. Choose your snipping mode and click on new to capture a screenshot. Alternatively, you can press (Win + Shift + S) to directly access the drag and snip option.
Firefox Scrolling Screenshot
If you wish to capture a Firefox scrolling screenshot, the above options will not be a great help. You will need to make use of the Best Tool to Take Scrolling Screenshot on Windows. We have tried, tested, and reviewed the best screenshot capture tools and listed the one that is just amazing.
RAM: 4GB+ RAM
Processor: Intel i3+
Platform: Windows OS
Operating System: Windows 11 or higher
Dimension: 1280×768 size or better
Storage: Min 2GB+
TweakShot is one of the finest tools to capture scrolling screenshots, full-page screenshots, area selection, taking active window screenshots, or capturing a video. It has an inbuilt picture editor to edit and finalize your captured screenshots. The tool offers different editing options to ease up the screen capture activity. You can capture easy screenshots on Firefox or any browser or capture anything up there on your screen.
Taking screenshots is an everyday need as we wish to capture a lot of screen activity for future references. Firefox has this inbuilt feature to take screenshots. You can take Firefox full-page screenshots easily with the inbuilt tool. If you wish to capture Firefox scrolling screenshots, TweakShot is the best tool to meet your requirements. Do not miss out to try other screen capturing options.