How important Moisturizing Lotion is?
Like our body needs food and clothes same way our skin needs its own food and shield. Moisturizing lotion is extremely important for our skin to make it smooth and healthy. It is used on its own or to prepare your skin for putting makeup afterwards. All moisturizes are enriched with nutritional elements such as hyaluronic acid and dimethicone which are the top best ingredients in moisturizers to keep skin hydrated. There are creams, lotions, and moisturizers available for all skin types and they do their job for dry, sensitive, light, or dark skin. Customers tend to gravitate towards lotions and moisturizers that come with anti-aging properties and SPF in summer time. These lotions and moisturizers comes lotion boxes and cream boxes with all the ingredients mentioned on it and you can choose the moisturizer which you feel is best for you. If you are confused that which ingredients are going to suit for your skin type then consult best dermatologists to help choose the right moisturizer for your skin type that will leave your skin healthy and fresh.
DIY moisturizing Lotion Recipes
Every skin type need a moisturizer no matter which season it is, skin has be smooth and healthy 364 days a year, no skipping on your lotion. All moisturizing lotions and creams have so many healthy and nutritional ingredients in it which helps your skin to achieve the smooth and hydrating finish. Moisturizing lotion will do tons for your skin and even if you don’t use tons of products your skin can still feel good with just a great moisturizer in your reach. Here are few DIY lotion and moisturizer recipes which take 10-15 minutes to whip together.
Homemade Goat Milk Lotion
- 10.2 Oz Purified Water
- 10.2 Oz Raw Goat Milk
- 1.2 Oz Mixing Wax
- 0.2 Oz Essential Oils
- 2.7 Oz Coconut Oil
- 0.8 Oz Almond Oil
- 1.2 Oz Shea Butter
- 0.3 Oz Optiphen
- Immersion Blender
- Measuring Cup
- A Large Pot
- Jars or Bottles
- First of all wash all your supplies with soap and hot water, don’t forget to wash your immersion blender as well.
- Take your large pot and combine coconut oil, almond oil, and Shea butter in it. Make sure to heat it until all the ingredients melt.
- Now add mixing wax into the melted oil mixture and wait till everything melts together and then remove the pot from heat.
- Combine water and milk with the melted mixture of oils and wax.
- Take your immersion blender and blend everything together for few minutes until the mixture get a little thick.
- Now add optiphen and essential oils into the slightly thick mixture and blend for like additional 1 minute, after this a mixture will get thin again. You can skip on essential oils if you want but it’s good for nice scent.
- Pour mixture into jar, container, or bottle with the pump allow the mixture to cool down on the room temperature.
That’s it! Your homemade natural lotion is ready involving all the easy steps and supplies available at home. You can use this either at your face or on your body. Enjoy!
Homemade Aloe Lotion
- 1 cup aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp. + 1 Tbsp. beeswax pastilles
- 1/2 cup almond oil or any oil
- 1 tsp. vitamin E oil
- 1 TBSP Shea butter
- Any essential oils of choice
- Double boiler
- Immersion Blender or Mason jar
- Large Pan
- Jar, container, or pump bottle
- Take a double boiler or gas boiler over a pan of water, put beeswax, almond oil, and Shea butter in it to melt.
- Remove the mixture from heat and pour into an immersion blender or Mason jar.
- Let the mixture sit for a while on temperature.
- When it is barely getting hardened add vitamin E and essential oils in the mixture.
- Now start blending mixture on low in the immersion blender.
- Add aloe vera gel in the mixture while it is slowly blending, blend until aloe vera gel mix into it.
- Use spatula to wipe down the mixture from the sides of the blender and re-blend for few more time to get all the things fully blended with each other
- Pour the mixture into jar, container, or bottle and store it in the fridge.
Your aloe vera lotion is ready to use in tour face and body, you can use this lotion for up to 6 weeks. Enjoy!
Moisturizers and lotions are very essential in our daily routine to keep our skin moisturized and healthy. You can make any cream and lotion and home by following recipes and instructions. You can watch videos on that and can make your own homemade lotion that perfectly suits your skin type. Incorporate all the essential ingredients you want following recipe including anti-aging and ingredients that give sun protection to get the best out of your lotion.