This error code mainly occurs in a multi-user environment. QuickBooks Error Code H505 belongs to several errors when users access a file not located in the computer or enter a found file with incorrect configuration. This error bothers communication between several devices and accounts.
Various error codes share solutions related to error H505, but users have been notified that the error mainly occurs in a multi-user mode. It indeed makes the communication between some connected devices. Therefore, sharing a single company file with another account is more challenging.
I have suggested many solutions to help every QB user-facing QB error code H505. We offer a few solutions below the blog hope, so you follow the instructions one-by-one until one of the solutions fix your error. To get assistance from our QuickBooks professionals dial 1.800.579.0391.
The Main Cause for QuickBooks Error Code H505
Incorrect address configuration or incomplete access to the files absent in PC is the main reason for this QB Error H505.
Stepwise Solutions for QuickBooks Error Code H505
Verifying the Hosting Process
As told, this error occurs in a multi-user environment, where the computer serves a host, so you have to check whether the hosting process is enabled on one computer only. You can verify that by the following procedure:
- Opening QB move to files and then to Utilities.
- If you can see the multi-user access option, it means you can safely move to the next option, and this computer is not hosting. Please do not make any changes to it.
- And if clicking on Utilities, you see the option saying ‘stop multi-user access option’ click on the option to stop the hosting mode.
- Undergo this process in all computers except the host computer.
Checking if Services a Running Properly
In this step, all the services we are talking about are related to the host computer. As several benefits must constantly be running on the host computer as follows-
How to access services– If you have windows older than Windows 10. To access services in an older version of windows, you have to click on the start button and navigate the run box. You have to write “services.msc” and see the list of services arriving.
If you use windows 10 – Use the shortcut keys Control + Shift + Esc. to access the task manager. Go to services and then click on the Open tab services.
After the Services Have Been Accessed– Once you open services, you need to find the QuickBooksDBXX and then right-click the benefits and go on the properties. Then, go to startup type, and turn it automatically, making sure service status is running, and if that status says stopped, you have to click on the start button mentioned in properties.
Now go to the recovery tab, locate the first failure option, and restart the device. The service will not continue if there’s a failure. Repeat steps for every loss again.
The services will start now, and there will probably be no future problems.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error H202
Unblock the Blockages in QBQ Network Ports
Firewalls can prevent any external link from accessing data, and while using QB, that’s an issue. Different firewalls might be present on your computer, but you are suggested to use only one. How to make sure, whether there’s a blockage or not, here are the steps-
- Go to Start, open Control Panel, then move to System and Security.
- Go to advanced settings and then visit Inbound Rules.
- Right-click on Inbound Rules and select new rule. Now under that section, select PORT. Select TCP from the given set of buttons (recommended) and switch the following radio button to specific local ports. You will have to add specifically assigned ports to correct functionality.
For QB 2018- 8019, 56728, 55378, 55382
For QB 2017- 8019, 56727, 55373, 55377
For QB 2016- 8019, 56726, 55368, 55372
- Then, select allow connection to QuickBooks Database Manager and move on.
- Select network type using what you want to apply this rule.
- Add a name for the rule and click on finish.
- Make the same steps for out bounded rules.
Host File Editing
It is an advanced process. You need to have access to the administrator account to make this work.
- At the QB Database Server, use Windows + R key to open the run dialog box.
- Type cmd.
- After the cmd window opens, type ipconfig/all and enter to run.
- Make a note for the Host computer, note its IP address, and repeat it on every system connected in a multi-user environment.
This blog discussed the QuickBooks Error H505 due to the aforementioned causes, mainly incomplete or incorrect authentication or entering data into a separate system. We also noted its solutions in detail with steps to follow and a database to enter. If you need help from our QuickBooks experts then do dial this toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.