Do you want to know how to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook? You’ve arrived at the right place. We’ll go over how to convert Thunderbird emails to Outlook in this blog. I’ll share two simple methods here: a manual approach and a professional approach.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a desktop-based email client, that is an open-source platform. Many businesses and individuals use it as their primary email client for sending and receiving email messages. It is also well-known for features such as email management, add-ons, and themes. Regardless, several people are converting their email from Thunderbird to Outlook.
Why Need to Convert Thunderbird Emails to Outlook
The following are some of the causes why users are required to convert their Thunderbird mail to Outlook.
- The most prevalent cause is that Thunderbird lacks a spam filter. Outlook features a robust spam filter that can help protect you from phishing scams.
- A task and calendar list are not included in Thunderbird.
- There is minimal attention on safety and reliability due to Thunderbird’s slower growth strategy.
- Outlook enables you to create complicated rules to control your process and control email communications.
- Thunderbird allows a variety of email clients that use the POP3/IMAP/SMTP protocols, however, it requires the installation of an add-on.
Note:- There are two ways to convert Thunderbird emails to Outlook. Depending on your need and dependability, users can use any of the approaches indicated below.
Method 1:- Manual Way Available On Internet
This approach is divided into four sections. For this strategy, you’ll need a Gmail account. Make a new account if you don’t already have one. To import Thunderbird into Outlook, we must first set up Gmail in Thunderbird. Following that, we’ll set up Gmail in Outlook. Follow the instructions below to complete the conversion.
Note:- Many manual approaches, like this one, are available online. Unfortunately, you can only apply this method if your Thunderbird account is already enable in Gmail. Otherwise, professional software might be used.
Step 1:- Enable IMAP Protocol From Gmail
- Sign in to your Gmail account, press the settings button, then choose the settings tab.
- Select forwarding and POP/IMAP from the drop-down menus.
- Now, enable the “IMAP” option.
- Hit “save changes” from the drop-down menu.
Step 2:- Allow less secure apps on Gmail
- Navigate to https://myaccount.google.com/.
- Select the Security category.
- Choose the “Less secure app access” and enable it.
Step 3:- Enable Gmail in Thunderbird and Import MBOX to Gmail
- Firstly, start Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Choose Thunderbird Options from the Tools menu.
- Click on the “Account Setting” and “Account Actions”.
- Now, provide your Name, Gmail ID, and Password.
- Select the “IMAP” option, and press on the “Done” icon.
- Choose your Gmail account from the left menu.
- Create a new folder by right-clicking on your Gmail account.
- Give the folder a name and then press the Create Folder icon.
- To pick all emails in your Thunderbird account, use Ctrl+A.
- Right-click and choose “Copy to” then pick the folder you just made.
- Check your Gmail account for the folder and verify it by clicking on it.
Step 4:- Configure Gmail in Outlook
- Open MS Outlook and press on the “File” option.
- Now, press on the “Account Settings” and choose the “Account Settings”.
- Insert your name, Gmail id, password, and rewrite the password, then press the Next tab.
- You will see a successful screen after verification, then select the “Finish” option and close the “Account Settings Window”.
- To read your emails, go to the left sidebar and pick on your Gmail address.
Limitations of Manual Method
- When exporting Thunderbird to Outlook in bulk, the manual techniques are useless.
- Data loss and damage are always a possibility.
- The data hierarchy is not maintained.
- Orphan or removed emails from Thunderbird cannot be exported to Outlook using the manual approach.
- These procedures are time-consuming and difficult to employ for non-technical people.
Method 2:- Professional Way to Convert Thunderbird Emails to Outlook
We’ll use SysTools MBOX Converter Software for this method. It is popular software that allows you to convert Thunderbird to Outlook pst in the most efficient way possible. You may also transfer Thunderbird emails to EML, MSG, HTML, and RTF formats using this software. Follow the instructions below to convert Thunderbird to Outlook.
How to Use this Software
Start the converting software and choose “Add File“.
Secondly, choose the “Default Profile Configured”.
Now, the tool will provide a preview of the emails. Click the “Export” button to continue.
Choose the “PST” file format, then verify the “Saving Location” and click the “Export” icon.
To make sure the files were converted successfully, click the “OK” button.
Summary:- There are, of course, other options for exporting Thunderbird emails to Outlook PST. On the other hand, these manual methods are unable to maintain the attachments in the PDF file. To maintain the attachments, it is consequently necessary to use the provided conversion tool.